GIGABYTE GA X99-PHOENIX SLI Review
Today we are reviewing Gigabyte G1 X99-PHOENIX SLI motherboard, another nice motherboard from GIGABYTE satisfying every segment of enthusiasts customer line with better targeting their end users needs. Aimed at the Broadwell-E family, GIGABYTE introduced the G1 X99-PHOENIX SLI motherboards including a range of features from updated I/O connectivity to the latest storage port.
Now let's see what this Gigabyte board have for us.
- Supports IntelÂ® Coreâ„¢ i7 6950X Processor Extreme Edition
- Support IntelÂ® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
- Quad Channel, Registered / Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 DIMMs
- IntelÂ® USB 3.1 with USB Type-Câ„¢ Support
- Best 3-Way / 2-Way SLIâ„¢ & CrossFireâ„¢ Support Spacing
- NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 22110 M.2 Interface & U.2 Interface for IntelÂ® SSD 750
- SATA Express Connector for Up to 10Gb/s Data Transfer
- Dual IntelÂ® GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
- 115dB SNR HD Audio with Built-in Rear Audio Amplifier
- Ambient Surround LED with RGB Multi-Color Choices
- Ultra Durable Metal Shielding over PCIe and DDR Slots
- Ultra Durable Anti-Sulfur Resistors for Longer Lifespan
- Ultra Durable Anti-Rust Rear I/O Connectors
- Dual Hybrid Fan Headers with Precise PWM / Voltage Control for Water Pump & Fan
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOSâ„¢ with Q-Flash Plus USB ports
- APP Center Including EasyTuneâ„¢ and Cloud Stationâ„¢ Utilities
- IntelÂ® 802.11ac Dual Band Wireless Connection & BluetoothÂ® 4.2
Looking at the front of the box, we see Gigabyte logo with motherboard model no. At the rear of the box, we find that Gigabyte goes into great detail on the specifications of the motherboard.
Inside the box
Board is a solid build in the mate black and Orange-White colour theme.
Detailed layout of board.
1. Intel LGA 2011-3 Supports IntelÂ® Coreâ„¢ i7 6950X Processor Extreme Edition
5x (15Î¼) Gold Plated CPU Socket Design. GIGABYTE motherboards come equipped with a 15 micron thick gold plated CPU socket, which means that enthusiasts can enjoy absolute reliability and longevity for the CPU socket overtime, without having any concerns about corroded pins or bad contacts.
2. 8 x DIMM slots supporting maximum 128GB of DDR4 3600(OC) / 3400(OC) / 3333(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2800(O.C.) / 2666(O.C.) / 2400(O.C.) / 2133 MHz memory modules. In-between two DIMM slot we have light bar with RGB leds.
ULTRA Durableâ„¢ Memory Armor - GIGABYTE's exclusive one piece stainless steel shielding design prevents against PCB distortion and twist (Plate bending) in addition to preventing any possible ESD interference.
3. ATX Power connector (24-pin EATXPWR)
4. ATX CPU Power Connector (8-pin ATX12V).
5. 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port, 2 x SMA antenna connectors (2T2R), 1 x DVI-D port, 1 x HDMI port, 4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports, 1 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, 1 x RJ-45 port, 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector, 5 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
6. 7. 11. 13. 1 x CPU Fan and 3 x System Fan Connectors
8. Front 2 X USB 3 Ports.
9.1 x SATA Express connector, 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0